Sunday, February 6, 2011

The internet...

The internet...

Sunday's are pretty boring at Humanitas, there is no staff only the people who live here. If there is something important, then you can go to a little building next to our main building, and you can ask for help if it's really needed. Last night I went there, cause the modem of the main computer at Humanitas needed to be reset. (Talking about a emergency!) It happens quit alot when the internet is down, many of us here uses a laptop,and downloading is a crime here. If you download to much, they staff will pull the plug out.

Like I said, last night the server went down for a clean up. This morning it worked again, but my laptop was still slow, so slow that I decided to do a system recovery. I thought, there is nothing to loose, and it sure can't get worse then this. A system recovery cleans your entire computer, and you will get it back the way as you bought it from the store. In my case, no MSN, no Yahoo, No Firefox, no anti-virus, no CCleaner, and some pictures will be gone. Most of my important pictures I had sent to Yahoo mail or Hotmail. 

The recovery took a bit more then 30 minutes, and the laptop is so much faster now. I had to search a bit for the things I had to download again, but further then that it went pretty fast. And if I had something to ask, there's always google or my friends on Facebook. So far I'm pretty much done and I'm happy with my new born laptop. So far so good.

Tomorrow there will be the appointment with Gak about my money, I will go there with one of the people Humanitas. Am I nervous? Naah, just curious what they will say. I'm more nervous about my bill from that summer house where I stayed. The lady from that house told me to pay within 14 days. I don't have the money for it now, and my Dad can't pay it either. And then there is the dentist, who's waiting for me for the root canal treatment. I guess I will take things as they come, and live day by day. First things first, and that's Gak tomorrow.

How am I doing so far?

I feel like I'm moving slowly forward, I'm not there yet, but it's going. Sure, I still miss them, missing Safa, missing the kids. That's the hardest part of it all, I would love to hold Tasn in my arms or just for once put her to sleep. Reading here a story or watch a movie till she falls asleep, or my trick to get her to sleep, making fun while she's in bed until she get tired and falls asleep. Just like the old days, I'm planning to come back for a few weeks, perhaps late summer. Just a  bit concerned if Canada is letting me in the country, cause they can send you back to Holland, no mercy.

I was not legal in Canada the last one and a half year, and it's showing on my passport by the stamps. If I will go to Canada again, I really need to know for sure that I can get into the country! A investigation is surely needed. Aswell, I'm thinking of changing my blog into some new colours but I'm not sure yet. Maybe I will, Maybe I wont, I will see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment