Friday, August 23, 2013

"When did you join Facebook, and why?"

"When did you join Facebook, and why?"

I joined Facebook August 7, 2007. Why? Because in that time mostly all of my friends joined it, it was hip, it was cool. I had several friends too, though they came and they went, I guess that's a normal thing on Facebook. I think nowadays I build up a good and fine group of friends from all over the world, they have been with me for such a long time. I like reading what they have been up to or what they going trough in their life. Their thoughts, their opinions, just anything. Seeing my friends’ pictures, and sharing my own is what I like most about Facebook. Facebook is a pleasant experience and I do get a lot of global news via links posted too.

Though Facebook can get a butt addictive sometimes, I can leave it easily behind when I have something else to do, even on a holiday I can surely do without. I think it's good actually to plan 'one' day in the week or in the weekend to just leave Facebook. Just to see how your life goes on without it., Hey! It's only a day, you can always go back the next day, lol. Get off the lap top or computer or I-phone and read a book or go to sleep, or do whatever. Right now I'm at that stage where I actually thought about quiting Facebook permanent, but I couldn't. Why quiting? In my eyes I spent way to much time on it, I would like to lessen that time. 

My use of Facebook isn't that funny anymore. Am I addicted? Yes and no, like I said, if or when I have something else to do I can easily let it be for a (long) while. But, I need to get out more, enjoy myself being outside, explore and wanderlust. And probably make as much friends like I have on Facebook, LOL! That would be something. And then invite them all for a coffee, lol. No seriously, I need to lessen my use of this social media, even though I love it. What about my friends? Now here's a question: "Most of my Facebook friends aren’t actually friends? They’re not enemies and... 




It’s not that I wish them ill, but for the majority of them, there’s a reason we don’t associate other than on Facebook." Yeah, they're just to far away to visit them, that can make you feel lonely at times aswell. You just can't reach them, spend time with them, etc, etc. I visited some of my friends on Facebook trough the years, that was fun, Though afterwards it's back to reality, back to the computer. My last recent visit is still flashing trough my mind, that visit gave a deep impact. Being with friends where there was right away a good click does make you feel good, better then good actually. 

When I came back from that visit I literally was thrown back to reality, I felt I was thrown in a deep black hole what I didn't expect actually. I felt kinda sad and I had to adjust again to the life I led. There was nothing wrong with "that" life before I went to Athens, Georgia. I liked the way I lived my life, happy single, going out, going on trips, having a good job. Perhaps the visit to Athens was needed, to wake me up, I don't know. I think it's  time to be surrounded by people without any long distances. Go more outside, take my time and not rush things. Lessen the time on Facebook. Facebook sucks time from my life? Just a bit.

I will not rush to get my groceries, not rush things when I enjoy a coffee somewhere. It seems life is flashing by so fast sista, you gotta enjoy while it last, right? This week I realized that I needed this, and no, I don't spend a whole day on Facebook, but just, but it's better for me to close my computer a bit more. And no, I won't leave my friends, I'll be on daily but just not so often. This week I shorted my friend list aswell, it was funny and awkward at the same time, when I went trough my friend list I saw all the profile pictures and the name's, and I realized how much I like them and how much time I spend with them on Facebook. 

Crazy isn't it? I can't just leave them like that, we have a bound, or how you call it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment