Sunday, September 11, 2011

"Never forgetting."

"Never forgetting."

Yeah, the attack on the Twin towers on the 11th of September 10 years ago. When it happened I was like 'okay.' I wasn't really realizing it, sure it was very sad what happened and it was a unbelievable tragedy, but really realizing it came later on, months later. I knew still where I was ten years ago when this tragedy happened, I was upstairs listening to my records, like I always did after dinner. My Dad was downstairs watching the news, my Dad watching the news, uhm, well he's a bit deaf and his eyes aren't that well. So Dad looks at the TV but sometimes he doesn't even know what he's looking at, when I came downstairs for a coffee I saw the tragic news about two planes hitting the Twin towers in New York. 


Dad was watching it too, but I thought that he was thinking he was just looking at a war movie. I was stunned and thought that it couldn't be trough what I just saw, two planes full of people hitted the Twin Towers. The news was on all channels, and I tried to explain to my Dad what just happend, after several times of explaining Dad was getting it. The news about these attacks lasted more then months,  still life just continues after all the tragedy, then today, ten years after there is the 'memorial.'  Then you think, "Oh but don't we have that every year a memorial of this tragedy?" We have seen it now, we know it now. 


This morning I decided to watch a special memorial video, it lasted more then 25 minutes. While watching the video it suddenly grabbed me, it touched me. Looking at the Twin Towers and the fire on the top made me realize again what happend, what an impact it brought. Aswell there were also alot of questions being un-answered about this whole tragedy, but I don't wanna go into that. What I do know is that millions of people have been killed without any kind of reason, and that's more then sad. That's why I will never forget what has happened on the 11th of September 2001!

No comments:

Post a Comment