Saturday, August 10, 2013

Time flies!

Time flies! 

The day are flying by so fast recently, I nearly have time to prepair myself for Monday's work. Two more days and then it's back to the mat's, ofcource they will all ask me how my trip was, lol. I don't mind, and I know what to tell. I had a awesome time in Athens, here and there a few speed bumps, but most of all a fun and exciting time. Last Tuesday I went to The Hague for a few days, 3 days and 2 nights to be precise.


It felt a bit awkward to go, that feeling that I think, "Should I really go? Is it not weird?" 
No! It isn't you silly! I'm glad I went, perhaps it was awkward cause of the fact I was on my own, and will be on my own while having this mini holiday. Since I started traveling I was mostly not on my own, I had many excursion trips, and in Athens I was with Jan and her Family, so yeah. Although alone, I had a great time.


I packed my smallest travel bag, (just a few clothing and bathroom items) and took of early that Tuesday. I love traveling, although the train trip took only a little two hours, I enjoyed it. Arrived in The Hague I was stunned whit all I saw, they have been re-building and re-storing this city majorly. And the're still building. I haven't been here since the 90's, Checking in went easy, the Hampshire Babylon hotel stood right next to the train station. 


I had to pay 50 Euro on fore hand with the checking in, I would get it back later. That was unexpected, but okay, I would get it back. The room was good, big beds small room but perfect. And again a double bed, lol, again I could choose. I haven't slept that good though, I had to get used to the airco and my neighbors were doing the 'bunga, bunga' it seemed during the entire night. Sigh, sleepless nights but awesomeness during the days.  


The Hague is a big city, comparing The Hague with Amsterdam, The hague seems even bigger. Lots of new architecture, skyscrapers and nostalgic buildings and churches. I went to the beach aswell, the beach is called Scheveningen, I had to take the tram to go there. Aswell there I haven't been for so many years. Here too they have been re-newing stuff. A longer boulevard and lot's of new shops and sight seeings aswell. Great time. 


On my way back the airco was broke in the train, sigh, always something. Now it's back to work on Monday, for the rest of the weekend I will be resting and relaxing. Back to the same ol, same ol.' It's good, I will be saving up money for the next trip in December. What I actually didn't expect to do to be honest, I thought after my trip to the US I would be broke and I already made a decision to stay home  the rest of the year, but no. 

No comments:

Post a Comment