Friday, May 13, 2011

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life. Now that I am older I know that it is."

"When I was young I thought that money was the most important thing in life. Now that I am older I know that it is." 

Oh how the afternoon ended happily! Yeah, I was happy! I will tell you later why. There was a bit of a thunderstorm last night, and it went pretty loud, most residents complained about it, including me. Ah, you know, Dutch people always complain or talk about the weather. It was a nice day with a good tempature, with here and there some sunshine. Roll on Summer, I love you! Today after the coffee break there were no cleaning chores, cause last Monday we did our best with cleaning. Though a few residents were making a beginning with painting an old room, it was really needed. Yesterday Johannus did a piece of the garden, then I thought, "Okay, I want to do something too today, " I cleaned the big windows on the second floor in the kitchen and living room. I was tired afterwards but felt satisfied. 

Ricardo is becomming a tiny bit of a pain, he's so attached to me, it's almost insane, LOL! I told his parents friendly that I need some time for myself too so now and then, they really understood. I don't hate Ricardo, he's a cute, sometimes nice kid. But just that sometimes, aarrgghh, you know. Sometimes he can be naughty and nasty, and just that sometimes I have to hide myself for him, haha! I think when I speak reasonable to him, and tell him that I now need some time for myself, or that I have other things to do now, he will understand. Hopefully. Today he spent some time with me aswell, I thought okay, it's fine. If I can take my nap on time, it's fine with me. But again, just that sometimes.... 

Today I had a appointment with Linda (my counsiler) and an old usurance man, who usuranced me since I have been living on my own, I know him now for more then 7 years. He's a good bussines man and knows how to sell things. I had a few usurances with him, they were the life-usurance, the contents-usurance. and the burial-usurance. These usurances have all been stopped when I went to Canada for good, (Oct. 2009) I didn't need them anymore and I can't use them in Canada. I even signed for it to stop the usurances, but a few months ago I noticed and saw on my bankstatements from the last 3 months, (I asked for these statements 2 months ago, cause I needed them for my income) that these usurances still have been paid untill May 2010. Paula and I wondered why these usurances been going on till that date.

Paula made an appointment with the man where I had these usurances with, and today he came. We would like to know if we still can get some money back, cause I stopped these usurances  almost 2 years ago. That wasn't possible cause they already have been stopped automaticly in May 2010, but there kinda still open to be re-opend (are you still there?) It felt and sounded like a puzzle what he all said. " You need to call the company, I can't do that here for you now," said the usurance man. So, all the usurances has been (kinda) stopped and we needed to know if we still can get some money from these usurances. (policy) We didn't want these usurances to be re-opened or start new ones. Paula called the company to see if we can get some money back, it took a while, but in the end... We got some money back! Yay! It was alot of money! "Your gonna get rich," said Paula, and I did a high five with her. 

I was suprised, and couldn't believe it. It was quit alot of money, woot! I can pay all my guilts now, insert smile here. Within 2 weeks I will get mail from the usurance company with the total amount of money what I will recieve, then I have to fill in a paper what I have to send back. Then within 10 days (the company told me) the amount of money will be standing on my bank account! Woot! I'm happy but, but I keep my fingers crossed, first I need to see the money before I believed it. Then I will dance the hokey pokey! Just before the usurance man came Paula and I had a little talk about 'getting tax' back, I never got really involved with these kinda things and never did bothered with it. "Perhaps you can get some money back, did you know that?" said Paula. I was aware of that, but I thought that it couldn't be much. I found it to much work in the past, and I still feel the same way.

Paula called a guy he knew, and that guy can find out if you get taxes back. This guy searches for people who aren't able to do there own taxes anymore, think of older people or people who are homeless and want to build up there lives again, Humanitas. Paula thought that I could get some money back from 'Gak,' the company who gives me my monthly income. The tax guy told over the phone that he will work on this and see what he can find out if I get tax back, there's a pretty good chance, he told me. Happy days are ahead! This day was a nice day, the residents were nice to each other and made jokes, it was a nice atmosphere. Later in the afternoon there was the free dinner at the church, I went with Johannus and his Family. 

We had marcaroni, it was delicious and I was stuffed, I couldn't eat the whole plate. After the dinner I wanted to relax and have some time for myself, first I went with Johannus to his room and his 2 kids for a little talk. When I wanted to go to my room Ricardo wanted to go with me, and I told him only for a half hour, it was okay with him. I took his arm and I told him, "Hey look at me, only a half hour okay? promise?  He replied with a firm okay! hehe, I felt that I did my duty, and he left after 30 minutes. Good boy!

2 comments:

jazain said...

sjon!! that is EXCITING!!! see what good things have happened for you since you got back to holland? though the loneliness seemed unbearable such good things have come your way. it doesnt seem that youve really had any setbacks!!

congrats!!

sonnie100dj@hotmail.com said...

Thanks so much! it's been tough these last 3 months but it seems I'm getting up slowly and continue my life. Happy days are ahead, were still not there yet, but I must admit, I'm on the good way. I really preciate the support and comfort from some of my Facebook friends aswell! They know who they are.

p.s. This post wasn't finnished though, I made a little update this morning.

Post a Comment